Busted Mug

A blog that documents solutions to the most frustrating problems that occur during development in technologies such as Java, XML, AJAX, SQL, CSS and others that make me want to throw my coffee mug against the cube wall.

Friday, January 12, 2007

IE7 SUCKS

I was recently forced to download IE7. It sucks. IE7 sucks. Ok, now I've done my part. I truly don't like IE7 at all (the interface is really crappy and it messes with relative image paths) and apparently the world agrees. Check out this article: Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 Sucks! | Marketing Pilgrim. In it there is a study done about the number of people posting "IE7 Sucks" and how there's a massive disapproval of Gates' latest. That warms my heart ;)

In all seriousness though, I have beef with IE7. At first glance I couldn't even use it. I don't know why MSoft likes this interface, but I like to be able to use things. I can't use this. It isn't intuitive and I'm a developer! My guess is that it is designed this was to match the new office which supposedly has made leaps and bounds in usability by re-orging their menus and using pictures. That remains to be seen in my book, but if they have figured out an easy to use interface, they didn't share the whole story with the IE team because their version stinks.

Also, this anti-phishing stuff is for the birds. Since when is MSoft the authority on who is worthy of trust and not breaking the law? Ha ha right right you got me, since they started enforcing copyright laws on their own. Really though, I'm not comfortable with that.

Anyhow, when it comes to the browser wars, Ffox is still winning me over. Opera is good and I really like the interface. It is much neater and cleaner than the competition. I'm all about adhering to standards too. However until someone else will spell check the post I'm writing right now as I type it like Ffox does, they're my default browser ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home